7447 access since June 20, 2018, 1 online now
Thank you for your participations! †
A Satellite Symposium to celebrate Prof. Kenichi Fukui's 100th birthday †
Thank you for your participations!
1918: Born in Nara Prefecture
1941: Graduated from Kyoto Imperial University
1943: Lecturer of Kyoto Imperial University
1945: Associate Professor of Kyoto Imperial University
1951: Professor of Kyoto University
1981: Nobel Prize in Chemistry (with Prof. Roald Hoffmann)
1982: Retired from Kyoto University / President of Kyoto Institute of Technology
1988: Head of the FUKUI Institute for Fundamental Chemistry (FIFC)
1998: Passed away
- Web site opened [ June 20, 2018 ]
- Call for Poster Presentation [ June 20, 2018 ]
Prof. Kenichi Fukui, a Nobel Prize laureate in Chemistry 1981 together with Prof. Roald Hoffmann, was born in Nara prefecture on Oct. 4, 1918. To celebrate Prof. Kenichi Fukui's 100th birthday, we organize FUKUI 2018, a series of memorial events in Kyoto University.
- [Oct. 11 (Thu), 2018] JGP Memorial Seminar by Prof. Roald Hoffmann at Katsura Campus, Kyoto University.
- [Oct. 13 (Sat), 2018] The Satellite Symposium at FIFC (This event).
In the Satellite Symposium at FIFC, we wish to highlight the various contributions of FIFC,
which was established to succeed and develop Prof. Kenichi Fukui's philosophy on researches whereby we will contribute to the progress of sciences in the world,
with inviting a few active scientists from former and the present members of FIFC as lectures.
We also would like to invite Poster contributions related to the broad topics in Chemistry and Physics from all over the world to shear this memorial moment.
Main Topics †
- Theoretical Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry/Physics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Molecular Dynamics Simulation
- Biological Chemistry/Physics
- Soft Matter
- Active Matter
- Other related topics
- FUKUI Institute for Fundamental Chemistry (FIFC), Kyoto University, Kyoto 606-8103, JAPAN [ LINK ]
Important Dates †
- Poster presentation deadline [ September 15, 2018 ]
- Abstract submission deadline [ September 15, 2018 ]
- Online Registration deadline [ October 10, 2018 ]
Local Organizers †
- Ryoichi Yamamoto (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Shigehiko Hayashi (Kyoto University, Japan)
Sponsors & Supporting Institutions †